1. 850 million users who open the app 16 times a day and spend on average 80+ minutes viewing the content.
2. The app which features stickers, filters and augmented reality was the world's most downloaded app in 2020 (so far).
3. The #travel hashtag now has a total of over 19.2 billion views.
4. The hashtag #TikTokTravel is one of the most popular on the platform, with an impressive 13.7 billion views.
5. In summer 2019, TikTok launched a #TikTokTravel campaign to inspire users to share footage of their holidays. Several tourism boards participated, with destinations including Los Angeles, Dubai, Seoul, Japan, Vietnam and Malaysia.
6. 43% of TikTok users are not on Instagram. In other words, this part of the audience is exclusive to TikTok.
7. In 2020, Generation Z makes up 40% of the global population, commanding upwards of $40 billion in spending power. These are the folks born between 1995 and 2010, in other words… the majority of TikTok users!
8. But, it’s not just for the kids anymore … - 34% of TikTok users are age 25 or older. More than a third of the audience are millennial and Gen X users and this percentage rises daily.
9. (and anyway, over 4 in 5 parents say they involve their children in purchases more than their own parents did with them, and that includes travel decisions.)
10. TikTok is proving a clever way for museums, attractions and galleries such as the Uffizi in Florence to tap into a younger market …. Pittsburgh’s Carnegie Museum of Natural History has won 168,000 followers largely through snail joke videos, Amsterdam’s Rijksmuseum has welcomed in influencers for live streams since launching in April, and a host of US zoos from San Diego to Georgia are gaining traction by harnessing the platform’s bottomless appetite for quirky animal videos
11. Since the outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic users of all ages rapidly increased.
12. 83% of TikTok users have posted a video (great potential for user generated content).
13. The engagement on TikTok is incredible. Case in point: Jennifer Lopez recently posted the same video on Twitter and TikTok. The video on Twitter got 2 million views (off 45 million followers). The video on TikTok got 71 million views (off 5 million followers).
14. TikTok has a native analytics tool for Pro accounts, which are similar to Instagram Creator accounts. (TIP: Switch over to a pro account sooner, rather than later, it doesn’t show you historic data)
15. Until this year (when Zoom entered the top 5), TikTok was the only top 5 worldwide mobile app… not owned by Facebook!